100 000 - 500 000 téléchargements
- Six full translations of the Bible
- Many reference images in the index
- Search function
- A little difficult to learn to navigate
+ By Jehovah's Witnesses
Six bible translations, a glossary of biblical terms, and an index of reference images
If you're a devoted follower of the word of God, chances are you're interested in having a reference at hand of what exactly it is that He's said. The JW Library caters to that need for Jehovah's Witnesses; it's the official app released by the church.
The app includes no fewer than six distinct Bible translations, all indexed by book, chapter, and verse. If you know where to find the verse you seek, it's easy to navigate the index and then to see all six translations side-by-side. If you're not sure where to look, the integrated search feature is your best friend.
One of the ways this app differentiates itself from other Bible apps is the large index of reference images. Check out what Israel looked like during the time that Jesus existed, or compare the currency people of the time used to what we have today.
There's a bit of learning curve in terms of navigating between the different reference sections. I got lost deep with in the translations of different chapters, and then had to backtrack over many pages in order to find my way to the image section. Once you figure out how the different resources are grouped, it's fairly easy to skip from one to another, but it was definitely a stumbling block at the beginning.
The JW Library is a useful and comprehensive resource for anyone looking for Jehovah's Witness-related reference material.
1. The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (2013 revision) published by Jehovah’s Witnesses. This version contains:
• An introduction that answers 20 Bible questions.
• An outline of contents at the beginning of each Bible book.
• Footnotes and cross references.
• An index of Bible words and a glossary of terms.
• An appendix that includes maps, charts, and timelines, which help you gain the most from your Bible reading.
2. The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures—With References (1984 revision)
3. The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures. This Bible contains the Greek text edited by B. F. Westcott and F. J. A. Hort. Between the lines you will find a word-for-word English translation.
4. The Bible in Living English (Steven T. Byington)
5. The American Standard Version
6. The King James Version
Choose a Bible translation, then select a specific Bible book and chapter. While viewing a chapter, you can:
• Tap a verse number: Compare all available Bible versions.
• Tap a footnote marker or reference letter: View the associated material side by side with the Bible text.
• Swipe left: Move to the next chapter.
• Swipe right: Move to the previous chapter.
Find words and expressions that appear in the Bible text, and navigate to them directly. Sort the search results by the order in which they appear in the Bible or by how frequently they are used in publications produced by Jehovah's Witnesses.
• Additional publications: Read and study books, magazines, and brochures published by Jehovah’s Witnesses.
© Copyright 2013 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
• Data and styling changes.
• Bug fixes.
• Minor content update.
• Allow installation to SD card on supported devices.
• Fixed problems that caused startup failure on some devices.
Nice to compare bible versions.
C'est halucinant cette application. C'est sans doute le compagnon numérique idéal pour tous les Témoins de Jéhovah. Merçi !!!
Pourquoi il ya pa en français :-(
Très bien !
Excellente App ;-)!!!
Vivement la version française !!!!